Virtual ID is a 16-digit number which is an alternative to Aadhaar number. It is temporary and can be revoked and replaced. As you generate a new Aadhaar VID, the previous one will automatically stop working. It provides the benefit to keep your original Aadhaar number confidential.
Creating your Virtual ID through UIDAI website is very simple, provided your mobile number should be linked with your aadhaar. Follow the below steps for the same:
- Go to URL https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click on My Aadhaar>Aadhaar Services>Virtual Id (VID) Generator
- Enter your Aadhaar number & type in the security code mentioned in right box.
- Click on “Send OTP” & you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number linked with your aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP received & click on option “Generate VID” to receive the VID number on your registered mobile.
So, isn’t super easy !!!
Do let me know, in case you have any query….Till then happy reading….!!!